In today’s environmentally, aware world everyone should be into recycling. Here are some tips on what will help you make the best out of recycling metals. Remember – all metals are recyclable – at Total Metal Recyclers Pty Ltd our focus is the nonferrous metals but we will take all metals to get them into the recycling system.
- Get a magnet. As a general rule if a magnet does not stick to the metal it is non-ferrous and is worth more than if the magnet sticks.
- Clean the products. Keep different metals separate and as clean as possible. Contamination with other metals will devalue the metal
- Sell the metals sorted. Present different metals together – copper with copper, aluminium with aluminium, brass with brass etc.
THINGS THAT YOU CAN SELL TO TOTAL METAL RECYCLERS PTY LTD.
DOMESTIC WHITE GOODS.
Really no value but Total Metal Recyclers Pty Ltd will take them to place these in the recycling process.
DOMESTIC CATERING EQUIPMENT.
Pots and pans are either aluminium, stainless or copper. Check with magnet. Aluminium cans – food and drink – check with magnet.
AROUND THE HOUSE.
Old bikes and toys – often aluminium – check with magnet. Old light fittings (aluminium), old taps and plumbing fittings – brass. Old electrical leads – PVC copper.
The types of things that you may come across that will have value
- Aluminium outdoor settings. Dispose of glass table tops elsewhere.
- Electric motors – fans, heaters, starter motors, alternators and similar
- Lead acid batteries – batteries from cars
- Aluminium sheeting – roofing and or fencing – check with magnet
- Stainless steel balustrading rails – check with magnet
- Brass figurines and furniture pieces
- Air conditioning units – must be correctly degassed
- Aluminium wheel rims, bull bars, roof racks and trays
- Bits and pieces of copper, electrical cable, lead and the like
What we normally cannot take;
- Old gas bottles and LPG gas tanks for cars – we can take them however they need to have two separate holes in the tank and or bottle
- Metals that are contaminated with soil and or asbestos
- Metals that is not clean – aluminium that has steel screws in it etc.
Contact Total Metal Recyclers Perth
Complete the form below and we will be in touch to help you.